Bridal Fashion Week is a style showcase to promote the best in the Nigerian bridal fashion industry. The Bridal Boutique trade exhibition will feature curated bridal fashion designers and retailers. Guests will be immersed in a unique bridal shopping experience withthe latest trends, designs and products in one space.
The Nigerian bridal fashion industry is the most prominent in Africa and is gradually being recognized globally
- Presentation of bridal fashion collections is still very fragmented, with designers releasing their collections through photographs online or small private showcases at their studios. There is currently no official bridal fashion showcase in Nigeria.
- The Lagos bridal fashion scene is now mature enough to host an annual bridal showcase to present the work of Nigerian designers to both local and international audiences.
The goal of Bridal Fashion Week is to:
- Provide a central platform for presentation of new bridal collections in Lagos by Nigerian designers
- Increase the number of people who wear Nigerian made clothing for their wedding celebrations
- Boost tourism with brides coming in from all across Africa to visit our local designers
- Attract foreign investment in the Nigerian bridal fashion industry
- Increase global opportunities for Nigerian bridal fashion designers
In addition to runway shows there will be other activities during the bridal fashion week:
- Seminars led by industry experts
- Shopping: Stalls for select Nigerian wedding vendors to display and sell their products